POETRY READING ON APRIL 4

UPDATE: PLEASE SIGN UP ON THIS GOOGLE DOC BY TODAY AT 4:30. IT’S OKAY IF YOU’RE LATE, BUT WE’D LOVE YA IF YOU WERE EARLY!

Or copy and paste the URL below:

So far, we have 12 of you (including myself) interested in reading. Regardless of what you decide to read for Thursday Poems, please make sure you do not go above 2:30. It will not be fair to the rest of the participants. If you have any questions, please let me know or post ’em onto the Google doc!

I BELIEVE IN YOU!

Tags: , , , , , ,

14 Responses to “POETRY READING ON APRIL 4”

1. ccherico says:

Hey guys,

Super sorry, but I can’t read today. I have to unexpectedly go up to DC for a job interview. I’m really sorry, I would have liked to be there! Good luck!!!

2. Upma Kapoor says:

Re: Are we doing this as everyone will read one poem and then if we have time go back around?

Yes. I was hoping we could go in order of the syllabus. This means
    Bishop: Covenant, Upma, Tricia
    Beats: Alison
    Ginsberg: Adriana, Sarah
    Brooks: Ty
    Confessionals: Julia
    Plath: Catherine
    Vollmer: Molly
    Komunyakaa: Courtney

You each can read for 2.5 minutes total. Let’s do this:
    -straight line in the front of the mansion in this order
    -we each read one poem
    -when/if time permits, then READ a second poem.
    Good? Text 703 501 5410 if you have pending questions.

3. Arrrbuckles says:

Yikes, I freaking dropped the ball on this, y’all. Sorryyyyyy

I would like to read “Returning the Borrowed Road” by Komunyakaa. 🙂 And if there’s time, “Footnote to Howl” by Ginsberg.

Sorry I took a year to respond to this!

4. Catherine Mohr says:

I put this on the doc, but will we each read one poem and then go back around the circle for our second if we have time?

5. Erica says:

I don’t think I’ll be reading anything, I’m too chicken, but I will definitely be there to suport everyone else!

6. Upma says:

So far, we have 12 of you (including myself) interested in reading. Whatever you may be reading, make sure you do not go above 2:30. It will not be fair to the rest of the readers. If you have any questions, please let me know or post ’em onto the Google doc! Thanks.

7. Molly Hodges says:

I don’t know how to read…you said 2 or 3, so add “New Black Dress” to my previous post.

8. Molly Hodges says:

The google docs isn’t working for me, but I would like to read Vollmer’s “To a Lamp” (I think that’s the title).

9. Adriana Christesen says:

For some reason the google doc isn’t working for me .. so I will post here that I want to read Ginsberg’s America.

10. Upma Kapoor says:

Updated! Go crazy!

11. ccherico says:

I think I will read Yusef Komunyakaa’s poem that we read in class today….I’m sorry I don’t have the book with me, “Carriage?” About the rewinding??

If you need a second, I’d like to read a Plath.

12. Allison says:

I’d like to read Ferlinghetti!!! The Dog trots! and his other poems— enough to take up 3 minutes worth!! Thanks, Allison

13. Silver Tyshawnda says:

I don’t mind reading Brooks if it’s not too late!

14. TSElliott says:

I will read Bishop as well if that’s okay with you Upma?